Bastica

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Self Discovery

Listening is rare. There are certain people to whom we feel we can talk because they have such a deep capacity for hearing, not just our words, but hearing us as a person. They enable us to communicate on a level we’ve never reached before. They enable us to be as we’ve never been before. We will never truly know ourselves unless we find people who can listen, who can enable us to emerge, to come out of ourselves, to discover who we are. We cannot discover ourselves by ourselves.

~Edward Farrell

I have been blessed to have a person or two like this in my life.

I've been doing alright. Thanks for everyone's encouraging messages and prayers. I'm back in counseling, which bleh, but it's good, but bleh. Growing and changing is a slow painful process. I do love my counselor, I've seen her before, but bleh and again bleh and yes it will be good for me. I think I'm trying to talk myself into it.

I went to a great women's retreat this weekend. As usual there were some very inspiring, moving things I learned and invevitably somebody always makes me mad. I'm pretty mentally exhausted after it. I'm ready to hit the couch and watch Tennesee beat Florida. Go Vols!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    Good to hear from you. Glad you got to go to a retreat! I look forward to hearing more about it soon!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Jen!
    Awesome quote. I'm so glad you were able to get some things from his retreat...look forward to hearing about it. Still praying for you...
    Love ya!
    Danielle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home