Bastica

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Life Update

I haven't updated for a while on my health issues. Sorry if I left anyone hangin'. I continued to struggle with crazy mood swings for a few more weeks into the first few days of October. There was lots of depression and some scary suicidal thoughts. Things have shaped up and I've been feeling pretty consistently "normal".

There have been some medication changes and it's hard to tell whether I just got better just because of time or because of meds. I'm guessing a little of both? We're still adding, subtracting and increasing dosages. I also found out my thyroid was low which can contribute to mood swings. This is a recent development because it's been tested at least one other time in the last three years so I can't blame everything on it but it was probably contributing to the mood stuff and weight gain.

I've gained back about 12 lbs of the 20 I lost. Wah! Seriously wah! Depression sucks! Exercise is close to impossible and food brings comfort. I'm back to old bad habits. I'm hoping the thyroid medication helps me get back on track. How can a girl maintain a decent wardrobe when she goes up and down, up and down!?

But, hey, I can't complain. I feel good. I'm getting some stuff done, like Christmas shopping. I need to be as prepared as possible for the holidays so the busyness doesn't drain me and trigger an episode. I've already been listening to Christmas music! I love it!

Thanks for reading. Thanks for caring. Love ya.
Jennifer

3 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't wait to C U!!!!!


    We'll be heading down tomorrow night if everything goes well.

    Trinitie

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    (((((((((((Jen))))))))))))

    Wanted to let you know I love you and so appreciate your updates!
    :)
    Danielle

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    I love you Jen. Miss you too. Glad to hear the last few weeks have been good anyway!

    Sorry that I haven't updated recently. It's more because of lack of time and need of sleep than anything else... Maybe soon...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home