Bastica

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Locks of Love: an Offering

About 5 years ago I went to a Christian women's convention and one of the speakers was making jokes about bad hair days. She suggested that if God gave you good hair, you should get down on your knees and thank Him every day. She was joking but it really hit me. I'm always complaining and focusing on what i DON'T like about myself but I do have good hair, thick, strong, shiny, healthy, straight hair. I don't thank God EVERY day but whenever I get a compliment or think of it I tell Him thanks.


When I heard about Locks of Love I knew it would be a perfect way to show my thanks . From the organizations website:
What Is Locks of Love? Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

By donating my hair to this organization I feel like I'm making an offering of thanks to God.

It had to be at least 10 inches in a ponytail.The honors of the big chop off went to my talented friend Cooper.




The finished product:





Into the bag:and into the mail:

5 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    omg!

    NOT YOUR BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!

    Jeez.

    *tear*

    Trinitie

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jen,
    That is so wonderful! You have inspired me! I think....yes, yes...I think I'm gonna do this, starting today! Grow hair...grow! And the cut looks great. Hope you're doing well! I love ya!
    Danielle in TN

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I forgot to say that you look absolutely adorable afterwords!

    Trinitie

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love it! It looks great, and it is for an awesome cause. I donated a foot of hair to Locks of Love a year and a half ago, and have only been waiting to have it grown out long enough to do it again. Bravo for you!

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Kelly Stockwell said...

    I love the after look! Brittney is growing her hair out for this too... I am trying to get her to wait until it is very long so she won't lose all her long hair.
    Did you get the book I sent you?
    Love,
    Kelly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home