Bastica

Thursday, July 27, 2006

And Then I Don't Feel So Bad

A few of my favorite things or things that give me warm fuzzies or things that make me feel soft and mushy inside or things that touch me, inspire me, comfort me, make my heart beat faster or things I’m thankful for. This list is random, off the top of my head, not including people and in no specific order:

The Psalms: definitely my favorite book of the Bible

Singing: especially at church and with my family but also in the car, in the shower, quietly at my desk and basically everywhere I live and breathe

Realizing that God has answered yet another prayer, even if it’s in a different way than I expected, and proved Himself faithful to me once again

Tea: Drinking hot tea was something I did whenever I went to my Grandma’s house. My Grandpa drank it with sugar and milk and so did I. I’ve since discovered loose leaf tea and I think it has a smoother taste. I prefer Earl Grey but I also like English Breakfast and Mint. Sometimes with cream and sometimes without but no more sugar.

Teapots, Tea cups and all beautiful china – I pick up mismatched pieces at yard sales and thrift stores so I can enjoy several patterns

All tea accessories, spoons, doilies, tea cozies, sugar cubes, books, china, etc.

Coffee is also enjoyable!

Donuts: especially chocolate covered custard filled (these keep me soft and mushy in more ways than one. I would like to eliminate my love for them.)

Really any baked good: cookies, muffins, scones, cake, pie, bagels etc. (again with the soft and mushy DANGIT!)

Sitting in Panera Bread Restaurant with soup in a bread bowl or a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel while reading the paper.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series

Kisses from my husband and walks and snuggling, talking, laughing, dating, loving, being married to my best friend

Hugs from friends and family

Scrapbooking! It is a great creative, artistic release. I find it very therapeutic. It also helps me preserve my family’s history for future generations.

Thoughtful greeting cards & gifts: giving and receiving

My mom’s home cooking

All the movies, books and musicians that are listed on my profile page

Free time, couch time, alone time, TV time, sleep time

Snow days!!

Bed & Breakfasts: I can’t wait to stay at this one next month for our mini vacation!

Libraries and book stores

Going out to eat

Blogging & reading others

This list is certainly not exhaustive but it's all for now....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home