Bastica

Friday, July 21, 2006

Not Yet

From My Cup Overflows … with the comfort of God’s Love by Emilie Barnes, a wonderful book of devotions that God is using to speak to me and bless me:

When God is taking so long to answer my prayers, when I’m ready for results and the only answer I seem to get is “Not yet”:

I hope I can remember to trust … because God knows the end from the beginning.

I hope I can remember to keep on forgiving and asking forgiveness, even when I don’t feel like doing it … because forgiveness is one of God’s most useful tools for changing lives.

I hope I remember to thank him today for what will happen tomorrow … because thankfulness keeps my heart hopeful and open to receiving his blessings.

When my cup is overflowing with trouble and God doesn’t seem to be doing anything, I hope I can remember that sometimes the waiting (and the growing) is exactly what I need the most.

Psalm 13
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love it! I know I need to remember to always be thankful and to wait on God.
    jason
    jbbrick

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger Ceen_Marie said...

    My mom recently asked for another book by Emilie Barnes for her birthday--it was called "15 minutes of peace with God"--a daily devotional kind of thing. My aunt Debbie loves her too! I must be missing out!

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    Jen,
    I soooo needed that today. That has been the echo of my mouth lately... "God, why aren't you answering my prayer? How long must I wait!?"

    I have to finish that with the "my heart rejoices in your salvation... I will sing to the Lord!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home