Bastica

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

She's the Reason Jesus Came

The project goes on. Very, very slowly but it's going. I've only made it up to Paul Alan after starting with my first cd Alathea. Yeah, this may take my entire life to complete. Anyway, I was reminded of why I bought this cd in the first place. I love the song "She's The Reason". I relate to it so much.

I've just loved music since birth and I've been singing ever since I could talk. It's my gift and my passion. From a very young age I was determined to become a successful recording artist. I planned on moving to Nashville immediately following graduation and doing whatever it took to "make it". College was optional. I was interested in attending Belmont but....at the time I did graduate there was so much dysfunction, pain and tragedy in my life that I didn't have the courage or strength to pursue my dream. I was in full fledged rebellion/self-medicate mode. It wasn't pretty and I still bear scars and still have walls in place, but it made me who I am today. God has a purpose for it that hasn't been fully revealed or understood. It won't make total sense until heaven. I have seen God use it in the sense that I can relate to others who have been through similar experiences. 2nd Corinthians 1:3-5 says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." A dear, sweet friend from Knoxville first shared that verse with me and God used her to make it a reality in my life as she comforted me.

So... back to the song. It's about a girl who won't make any huge splash in the world as far as fame is concerned but she figured out the most important thing....she's the reason Jesus came! And I'm better off then I ever could've dreamed. The character Eric Liddell in Chariots of Fire said "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure." It's the same for me when I sing for Him. It's more fulfilling then I could've ever imagined. God has a way of taking broken dreams and ressurecting them into something more beautiful than you could've ever imagined.

she's the reason

she is the poster child for the faceless
and she'll go down in history as forgettable
and she'd love it if she could fly
but it doesn't work that way
and she'll never be on the silver screen
but you'll never see her cry
cause she knows that…

she's an angel
and she's got a song for singing
and she's got her dancing shoes on
cause she's more than a face
or a star on a walk of fame
she's the reason Jesus came

she's writing a book about
the least of these
it's an autobiography
she may be an orphan here
but she's gonna have her day
'cause she knows that…

she's you and she's me
and the man at the corner store
and the people next door
and she's fine with her place
cause we're all just leaning on grace
and she has no shame
she's the reason Jesus came

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    That "dear, sweet friend" from Knoxville has been comforted by YOU many times too! That is the sisterhood of Christ! I love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home