Bastica

Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm an Anti Belt-ite

So Jason and I were at Goodwill a couple of months ago. We donated some old books and went inside to look around for fun. Well it's fun for me anyway. Jason's enjoyment is debatable. Lucky for us it was 50% off all clothing! Jason actually needed some clothes for work so I was free to shop for clothes of my own. I really needed a new pair of jeans so I grabbed every decent looking pair in size 18.

It's amazing how some 18's can be way too small and others can be way too big. They're supposed to be the SAME SIZE!!! Anyway, the first few pairs were quickly dismissed. I pick up this pair from Old Navy that look brand new. I'm not a brand name whore or anything, but there is something satisfying about getting something brand name for super cheap. I try them on and they fit PERFECTLY! (insert Hallelujah Chorus here) I think most women would agree that finding the perfect fitting pair of jeans is the holy grail of clothes shopping. I had to call out to Jason. "Jason, Jason you'll never believe it. I found the perfect pair of jeans!!" He's just like "cool." I check the price tag and find out I'm getting this treasure for 3 bucks! Ahhhhhhh, a little piece of heaven on earth. I was sure this was a gift from God himself, plucked out of someone's closet and placed on the Goodwill rack for me to find. That's still probably true but....

I get the jeans home and can't wait for them to make it through the laundry so I can wear them. Finally they are ready and I slip into them like slipping into a glove. I walked from the bedroom to the living room to show Jason and right away discovered the hidden problem. The jeans start to fall off after those few steps. If I just walk a few steps they get all baggy and hang off my butt and if I continue to walk without intervening they end up around my ankles. ARGGGHH! You've got to be kidding me! My dreams were crushed. I have to admit it's a pretty funny sight and Jason and I had a good laugh over it. What else can you do?

I actually still wear the jeans, after all I paid good money for them. I usually wear them to work on casual Friday's since I just sit in my chair most of the day anyway. I just keep one hand holding up the pants from the waist whenever I have to walk around. The things a girl will do for the sake of fashion!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a wonderful blog!

    Thrift shopping is my bliss!

    You're right; finding treasures for cheap is like....heaven on earth.

    It's so kickass that you still wear the jeans and that you're able to laugh at them.

    ahwuvwu!

    Trinitie

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    It's like the Visa commercial on a budget...

    A new/used pair of jeans.... $3.
    A good laugh with your husband.... priceless!

    I love it!

     
  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    trin,
    i love you too!

    tmb,
    that's hilarious! I love it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home