Bastica

Monday, March 13, 2006

More Derek Webb....

I'm not the only person who likes what Derek Webb has to say. There is a great article over at Relevant Magazine.

Here's a sample quote:

But I’m belaboring my point. I said I was glad to have so many listening Christians exposed to Webb’s music. But why? Because I think they need it. At a time when the church looks more like the bride of America than the bride of Christ, we absolutely need the music of people like Derek Webb. We don’t need more artists who drown the saints in praise choruses that separate the reality of the gritty walk of faith and obedience from the pristine shine of the Sanctuaries in which we gather.

We need musicians who bring the glory of the Gospel and the dirt of real life together in as compelling a manor as this former CCM star.


True Dat.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger scott d said...

    True dat... amen... however you say it... agreed.

    I want to live it out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home