Bastica

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New Miracle Diet!

I haven't updated about my weight struggles for a while. Amazingly and shockingly to me I've lost 23 pounds now!! That puts me at 208. I seriously don't feel like I'm doing enough to warrant this weight loss. The last few pounds have shocked me by disappearing. In the past I've told Jason the gym is adjusting the scale by a pound every now and again just to make me feel good. That's absolutely illogical but in my head so is my disappearing pounds.
I have not been going to the gym consistently since before Christmas. 2 weeks ago I went twice, last week none and then once today. I also feel like I've been totally pigging out, especially on carbs. I keep craving sugary breakfast cereals and baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. When I crave them, I eat them. Somehow I lost a pound. Maybe I've discovered a crazy delicious new diet. Carbs are the new protein!
I know I've made some subtle changes like not eating as much fried food or fast food. I think I've retrained my body to the point that it doesn't want that stuff anymore and I feel sorta sick when I do eat it. I no longer take sugar in my coffee or tea. I've weaned myself off. I'm not ready to forego half and half creamer. I don't keep a lot of sweets in the house. About once a week I treat myself to a donut from Busken Bakery. mmmmmm....
I think I'm down to a size 16 now which is sweet. I'm going to wait a couple more pounds before I go shopping. I know I'll have to buy new summer clothes. Every year I'm a different size! My wedding ring almost fits again which is very exciting. I have to wear it on a chain around my neck in the mean time. I think I'm going to retire my Goodwill "perfect" jeans. I wore them to Panera last week and they almost slipped down past the point of no return. Yikes!
I think it's sorta weird that people haven't seemed to notice the weight loss. My theory is that it's not that obvious because I was so big to begin with or I've lost it so slowly (I've been losing since July), or that everyone's seen me go up and down so many times they don't know which direction I'm going or they don't want to take the chance of insulting me. If you read my blog you are hereby not allowed to notice because I straight up told you.
When I reach less than 200 I should celebrate. I'll have to think about that.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jennifer, I have notice your weight loss and thought i was saying it by telling you how good you look in those jeans. I now how hard it is to loose weight..I know everyone thinks I was born little, well maybe at birth...but its been a continue stuggle to me too.
    I want someday to join a gym...but a ladies gym that doesnt wear stylish clothes to work out in.
    Good job...good work. momolloo denise

     
  • At 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jen, Im very proud of your efforts and success in losing weight and making it to the gym when you do. I only "think" about such things.
    Keep pressing on! You will succeed! luv ya, mom hicks

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    Jen,
    Most people (myself included) rarely say anything about weight loss because they have a problem with their own weight and really don't want to talk about it! We are afraid that the person who has lost weight and we complement will turn around and give us "all the answers".

    Congratulations on your weight loss! I AM proud of you. I know how much better it makes you feel!! Wish I was 'going' with you!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Sorry, I didn't meant to guilt trip people because they haven't commented exactly how I'd like them too. I probably shoudl be asking why I NEED people to notice?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home