Bastica

Monday, April 24, 2006

Updated Links

So many blogs! So little time! I love staying connected with people thru our blogs. I love hearing their hearts. I love the creativity of it. I love encouraging others by sharing comments and I love when others encourage me. Of course it can't replace real, personal face to face relationships but I do think it can enhance them.

Between blogging and myspace this type of cyber interaction is becoming more and more common. I think there are pros and cons. We probably won't fully understand the effect it has on society, relationships and communication for years to come.

I've decided to dedicate more of my time to these personal and artistic interactions than reading about the latest drama with TomKat or Brangelina. If you don't know those names, don't worry, you're not missing a thing. I'm not saying I won't pick up a People magazine every now and then.....o.k even US Weekly or even that it's wrong to do so. I just want to have my priorities straight. Celebrity gossip should be an occasional veg out activity or something and not an every day thing for me personally. It's a personal decision and maybe not for everyone.

As for the new links to:

I love the hilarious and moving stories about "tnbloggingmama" and "peach" 's children, marriage, southern living, Christian walk etc.

I love the creative, passionate, poetic, dreamy, thought provoking Ceen_Marie, Megan,Thema and Larry.

I'm pumped that my pastor Aaron Burgess has entered the mix. He is such a talented writer and speaker. God uses him in a powerful way and in a way that is relevant to my life.

My hubby doesn't get as personal on his blog (yet). He likes to discuss theology and such. He likes to tackle tough questions, issues, discrepancies about our faith. There is a sweet, hilarious video of him playing the drums, sorta, kinda. He is an amazing man and I can't believe I have the honor of being his wife and best friend.

I know everyone's time is precious. It means a lot to me that you stop by my blog and read my thoughts. If you have time...these folks are worth checking out.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wait...

    I'm not worth checking out??? LOL!

    Ummm, I saw that video with jason
    and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF along with a few of my friends who thought the barbie drums were KICKASS!

    I love you guys.

    Trinitie

     
  • At 1:12 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Trin,
    I was only updating, reccomending and explaining the NEW links.
    You do have a point that I never explained the original links.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger scott d said...

    I read yours (as well as several others') frequently. I enjoy the insight into the lives of those I love, insights that I might not get without these cyber-diaries. Rock on.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    I love your blog too! I look for updates almost everyday!

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jennifer. I love reading your blog it reminds me so much of you and how much I miss having you around. I really do love gettin your comments and stuff and I can not believe that you put a link to my blog on here. I am embarrased. I don't think that my writing is all that great. I am just tryin to get a lot of stuff off my heart. Thanks so much for being here with out being here. I LOVE YOU.

    <3 Megan <3

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home