Bastica

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our Newish Home in Photos

We moved in February 2008. I took pictures to share with you in December, and they are finally making it online. This is especially for my long distance friends who may never get to see it in person.

Unfortunately, I skipped a few rooms. They were probably messy or something. I just went and took pictures of my bathroom and kitchen to share in the future - which who knows when that will happen, but I hope to do it.

I loved being able to put up a Christmas Tree for the first time in 5 years! I just never could get into the spirit in a little apartment when the tree was in storage at Grandma's and dragging the other decorations out of one of those storage units -- bleh. I actually had my Christmas Tree up before Thanksgiving. I was always such a firm believer in no tree before turkey, but I was just too excited. Plus, the older I get, the faster the season goes by. I guess if I had a real tree, that wouldn't work so well.

The pictures aren't really in the order I want, but dealing with pictures on blogger takes forever and stresses me out, so in the interest of minimum stress, I will caption them as is.






This was after a big snow in January.


This is Jason with the pink hair that I mentioned in the forking post. This was at our housewarming party. Yes, on the t.v., that's old school Sonic the Hedgehog on an old Sega.

This is the only picture I have of my kitchen for now. That's Jason's Mom helping out at the housewarming party. She is a great blessing to us - always serving and giving.
Blue Skies. Green Grass.
I always wanted my Christmas Tree in a window. Finally happened.
We have this old sealed up a/c unit in our living room. It's not functional and it goes all the way through the wall and outside. Basically we have a hole in our house that will need to be sealed up. Maybe next fall we'll fix it, but for now, since I couldn't get rid of it, I decorated it.
From the dining room, looking into the living room.
Part of my teapot collection on the lovely shelves in my.......
...dining room. Those shelves made me fall in love with this house. The first thing I moved into the house was a lone teapot to put on the shelves.
This China cabinet belonged to my Great Great Grandmother. I adore it.
The living room.







3 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger MrsSpock said...

    I love the dining room too!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    Love the pictures of your house! This is the first time I've seen them! So nice! I know you are loving being in a house again!

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    awwwwwwwwww!!!!! I love your house!!!!! And I'm so jealous of all these people in the pics spending time with my J-Lo!!!!

    :)

    I wrote you back on myspace. READ IT!!

    Trinitie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home