Bastica

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chicken Crescents

These were in a cookbook from our church in Knoxville. I made a few changes and do them a little different from time to time based on what ingredients I have on hand. We eat these for dinner, but I think they would also make a good appetizer if you made them smaller. I think they would be great with spinach, mushrooms, or broccoli added in.


3 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed

Salt & pepper to taste

2 T green onions, chopped

3T melted butter

1T Mayonnaise

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls

½ c. Croutons, crushed

Handful of shredded cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Blend cream cheese, 2T of the melted butter
  3. Add all ingredients except chicken and croutons; mix well
  4. Add chicken and 1 ½ T crushed croutons.
  5. Separate each can of crescents into four rectangles.
  6. Place about ½ c. mixture into each rectangle.
  7. Pull the four corners of the crescents to the middle over mixture and squeeze together
  8. Brush filled crescents with melted butter, and top with croutons.
  9. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes on cookie sheet.

From Providence Forks & Friends Cookbook

Submitted by Kathy Kruse

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger MrsSpock said...

    I'm enjoying these food posts! I remember when I visited you in Knoxville, I ate a rice and beans dish with sour cream that was fantastic.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home