Bastica

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good Point

I read an article in Today’s Christian Woman magazine about Gracie Rosenberger. She lost both of her legs in a terrible car accident. She now ministers to other amputees in America and abroad. She had this to say about hard times:

“I love how Psalm 23 is in motion. It doesn’t say, “Even though I sit through the valley of the shadow of death” (v.4). It says we walk through it.”

It’s so simple, yet profound to me. I think it’s sort of impossible to sit in the valley. Even if you try to sit, and I certainly have tried, you’re at least being forced through at about a snail’s pace just as life goes on around you. I’d much rather put in some effort to walk to the other side, rather than be pushed or dragged through. It’s just so stinking hard when the time comes.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home