Bastica

Thursday, August 21, 2008

All is Well

The lesion/tumor on my liver is benign. Yay! He said I've probably had it since birth and will have it with me when I die. It should not cause me any problems.

Still got to get rid of the old gall bladder. They'll call me tomorrow with a date for surgery.

This waiting for a diagnosis, the scary lesion, mysterious pains, has not been as stressful as I would've imagined. It has shown me how far I've come as far as worry, anxiety etc. The reasonable voice of truth is reigning more and more in my head, while the pessimistic, emotional, worry-wart voice is way in the back trying to nag it's way through. It rarely broke through and was then squashed by faith, logic, and reason. I knew that no matter what happened God would be there with me.

The scariest parts were getting the CAT scans and my first IV. He was there. I was amazed at how many scriptures I could think of. I kept reciting in my head that He was my rock, redeemer, strong deliverer, my fortress, a shield about me, He will never leave me or forsake me etc. I sang through praise songs in my head. I prayed prayers of thanksgiving and requested wisdom for the Dr.'s and healing for me.

It all worked out. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait to get this thing out of me and feel better.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home