Bastica

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

iPod Intelligence

A few weeks ago, Jason and I were dragging around on a Saturday afternoon. You know that middle part of the day when all of a sudden you feel like you can’t go on without a nap? We know from past experiences that these Saturday naps can easily turn into a 2 hour event and we had things we wanted to accomplish, so we decided to push through until the tiredness was gone. I tried to tackle some housework, starting with the kitchen. Jason hooked up the iPod to the speakers and put our 4,866 songs on shuffle. He turned it up loud and we got to work. The first song it chose was a song by Katy Hudson, a talented young singer, songwriter whose first and only album I adore. Unfortunately she hasn’t been heard from since and her web page has vanished. ANYWAY, the song is called “My Own Monster “ The chorus says:

“Hold me close, for I’m so tired of holding myself

So very tired, I’m tired, tired, I’m tired just hold me.”

Over and over she sang “tired, tired, I’m so tired.” I told Jason “This song is NOT waking me up, let’s skip it.” Jason skipped to the next song and the iPod randomly chose a song called “Wake Up” by Grammatrain. We cracked up! We also stayed awake and got a lot done.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger MrsSpock said...

    4866 songs!!

     
  • At 11:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I know our Ipod has helped us out more than a few times. It just goes to show that God can use even things like Ipods. We humans are always inventing and coming up with new stuff, but God is still in control. I love it!
    jb

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I realise this is a good few months late haha, but katy hudson has been recording under katy perry for the last year so that maybe why you've not heard a lot from katy hudson :P sorry if this is old news haha x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home