Bastica

Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

That's it! I'm so sick of all the negativity on my blog. We need some happy stories. Believe it or not, I'm a happy girl sometimes. I write the most when I'm down because it is healing. I will continue to write about that stuff but while I'm out of the depression fog, I need to celebrate the good things in life. Actually I should do the same when I'm depressed.

I continue to work on my new attitude. I finished the book Get Out of That Pit and then started a small group with a friend so I could study it again. We are 2 chapters in and already the group is getting close and personal with meaningful discussions. I forgot how much a women's small group can enrich my life. Women need each other. God designed us to help bear one anothers burdens. The best part is being able to share your heart and hearing others pray for you out loud. It is also a blessing to return the favor.

My new job is going great. I've been there since Memorial Day and I truly enjoy going to work. I enjoyed my previous job on location with the kids but even though I don't see their beautiful faces I know the work I'm doing supports them. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me. I'm still intimidated and a little nervous around the President, CEO lady but I think as long as I don't piss her off I'll be o.k. I was afraid of my supervisor but it turns out his big, gruff demeanor is nothing but a cover for a soft teddy bear man. It seems silly now that I was so afraid to work full time and be busy all day. Wow, I was trapped in some serious lies that made me think I was disabled. At the end of the work day, I'm a little worn out but I feel productive and somewhat satisfied. I know it's still early to declare victory but I am filled with hope and maybe even confidence that this was a positive life change.

I have 4 or 5 ideas for positive stories so check back. I have good intentions of getting them done in a timely fashion. Thanks, as always, for checking in and giving a crap. I love you too.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

    Love the attitude, my friend! Hang in there!

    I know what you mean by a women's small group! I've started one at my house for single moms. I've missed it too!

    Still, will there ever be a group like our first group....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home